Thank you Happy Panda for nominating me for my first ever blogger award tag! If you aren’t already following the blog, please check it out. It’s far more than a simple book blog like mine. Happy Panda blogs about fashion, travel, and has a wonderful series called “Happiness is.”
Liebster in German means – sweetest, kindest, endearing, beloved and so on. It’s a great initiative to support new blogs.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
Happy Panda’s Questions:
- If you could wear only one colour for the rest of your life, which would you pick? I’d wear green all year long. That way I could blend in with the trees if I need to.
- Favourite dessert? Bread pudding.
- Which country are you from and if you had to pick a different country to live in, which would you pick? I’m from the US. I spent a semester studying in London when I was in college, and I got to visit some pretty amazing places while there. As much as I loved London, it was honestly too big of a city for this country girl, but I would love to live somewhere in the UK, possibly Edinburgh, Scotland because it’s actually magical.
- A novel you recommend that everyone should read? Just one?! That’s pretty tough. I usually recommend books to a person based on what I know about that specific person. For people who are trying to get into reading, I usually recommend Hounded by Kevin Hearne because it’s my hubby’s favorite–he was not a reader until he read that book. For those who are already adamant readers, I tend to recommend whatever I’m reading at the moment and right now that’s Liars and Thieves by D. Wallace Peach. For people with children, I will always recommend The Hobbit, Howl’s Moving Castle, Alice in Wonderland, and Treasure Island. My husband is reading The Hobbit to our oldest child right now, and she’s loving it.
- Can you cook? If yes, what’s your favourite dish to cook? I can follow a recipe, but my husband is a far better cook than I am. My favorite dish to cook is Tortellini soup because it is super easy and yummy.
- Pick between – travelling with friends or travelling solo or travelling with your partner. Oh no! That’s really hard to decide. However, I did a lot of traveling with friends when I was in London, and I’d love to get to travel with my husband more.
- Do you prefer outdoors or being indoors? It depends on the weather. I children prefer the outdoors, so I tend to go outside a lot. Mosquitoes have been really bad around here, however, so I hide from those.
- A goal for 2020 that you’re still hopeful you’ll manage to do? A goal for 2020? My goal is just to survive with my sanity intact. This has been a crazy year.
- If you could only write about one topic, what would you write about? Jesus.
- Do you like adventure activities like hikes, rafting, etc.? Have you done any? Yes! I used to teach kayaking, which is crazy because I’m actually a pretty poor swimmer. I love a good hike or run along a trail to clear my head, and I’ve been whitewater rafting a few times.
- How would you describe your personal fashion style in one word (eg: comfortable)? Cutesy
- Sofii @ A Book. A Thought. for all her bookish posts.
- Elizabeth Merry at embookstuff for the haikus and the beautiful photography.
- Destiny @ Howling Libraries because she’s part of the reason my TBR pile keeps growing.
- Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads because her posts make me laugh and her artwork makes my heart happy.
- One Book More because reading these reviews make me want to write better reviews myself.
- Becca, Toastie Books because this blogger reads more than I do, and I can always find something to add to my TBR here.
- Url Phantomhive because of the Little Black Classics Project and so many other reasons.
- A Minute with Melissa because she posts things that fill my spirit and remind me that I’m a child of a powerful God.
- Pooja at Lifesfinewhine for her blogging advice and posts on mental health. She’s really an inspiration.
- Omowunmi Adebayo at GRACEFIFTEENTEN for this line: “Dear Self,/ I am sorry for the times I tried to be somebody else…”
- And of course, D. Wallace Peach at Myths of the Mirror because I’m reading her book Liars and Thieves right now the three main characters have officially met now and it is making me so happy!
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you have any tips you would like to share with new bloggers?
- If there is one person you could have lunch with (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- What is one book you would recommend to anyone and why?
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island with a television character of your choice, who would it be and why?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- If you could be invisible for one day where would you go and what would you do?
- What are your three best characteristics?
- Who is your favorite character in literature and why?
- What is your unique talent?
I can’t wait to read your answers! If I didn’t tag you, and you want to answer, please consider yourself tagged. I’d love to get to know more bloggers, and I hate that I couldn’t tag everyone I know!