Thank you so much to Bexthebibliophile for nominating me for the Liebester Award! I love when I get nominated for award tags because 1.) it makes me feel special and 2.) I get to nominate more people!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
Bexthebibliophile’s questions for me:
- What is the one thing you like about my blog? What is the one thing you don’t?
Okay, this one was kind of hard because I couldn’t find a single thing to “not” like about your blog, so I’ve had to reach deep down into my petty little heart to come up with this answer: I love your rating system for the books you review, but I also kind of hate your rating system because my rating process is so elementary in comparison. Basically, I’m jealous of your genius.
2. What was your dream job growing up?
I had so many dream jobs that I tried out and realized I didn’t want. I wanted to act, sing, direct, and write. I’m doing all those things as I high school teacher, but now my dream job is to be independently wealthy.
3. If you could go and visit any book for a day, which one would you pick?
Howl’s Moving Castle
4. What is your favourite thing to do outside reading?
There are things to do outside reading?! (Sorry, bad joke) I like singing and directing theatre. I also like yoga, hiking, and napping.
5. What book do you most remember from childhood?
Treasure Island was the first “grown up” book I read.
6. What was your inspiration behind your blog?
I had always wanted to create a blog, but it took me a while to realize what my topic should be. When lockdown happened, I had a lot more time for reading, and I thought I might want to create a book review blog. However, I’m incredibly fickle and prone to quit if I don’t have anyone on my side. Then Becky offered to write with me, and she came up with the clever blog name!
7. If you could only ever read one genre, which would you pick and why?
Probably thrillers just because I read them the most. Also, a good thriller has a little bit of everything–romance, mystery, danger. I would, however, miss the magic of fantasy.
8. What is your go to reading drink and snack?
Tea and anything sweet and unhealthy.
9. If you could swap places with any character, who would you pick?
I had to think about this. So many of the characters I love have dead parents, and I very much like my living parents. I adore Kira from To Sleep in a Sea of Stars because discovering an alien thing that wants to protect you seems cool, but that alien thing also killed everyone she loved (not a spoiler–it happens in the first 30 or so pages), so… Puck from A Midsummer Night’s Dream because he doesn’t seem to give a flying fart about anything, and he has magical powers. That’s my final answer.
10. What book do you plan to pick up after your current read?
I plan to pick up We Thought We Knew You by D. William Phelps because it’s been a while since I’ve read some good true crime. However, I rarely read according to my plan.
11. Which song best describes your current read?
I’m currently reading Fairy Godmothers Inc., so I’m thinking “Do You Believe in Magic” would work nicely.
(I’m trying to choose people I did not previously nominate for this award and people who have already been nominated for this award.)
Kirstie Ellen @Upside-DownBooks
- (I’m stealing this one from Bexthebibliophile) If you could swap places with any character, who would you pick?
- On average, how many books do you read and review a month?
- What advice would you give to a new book reviewer?
- What is a book you own but you hate the cover of?
- What is one book you will always recommend?
- What are the last two books you gave a 5 star rating and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Kayla has issues with Y.A. literature. What book would you recommend to make her change her mind about the genre?
- What is your favorite book series?
- How do you get out of a reading slump?
- Be honest, what is one book you purchased just because of the cover?
If you answer this tase, please give me a pingback so that I can read your answers. I can’t wait to see what you have to say!
Thank you again to BextheBibliophile for the nomination! If you haven’t checked out that blog, I strongly suggest you do so soon.