Let’s Talk Bookish is a weekly meme that is hosted by by Rukky @ Eternity Books and Dani @ Literary Lion, where we discuss certain topics, share our opinions, and spread the love by visiting each other’s posts.
Posts are supposed to be written on Friday’s, but I’ve just discovered this meme, and since I’ve already posted one Friday post today, I might as well keep rebelling.
Yesterday’s topic was the pros and cons of book blogging, suggested by Rukky!
- It gives me a way to keep up with the books I read and love! I’ve never been good about keeping up with what I’m reading outside of school, and that’s unfortunate because I’ve read some great books that I have now forgotten.
- It gives me a chance to reflect and voice my own opinions. Let’s face it, we live in a world that makes us believe our opinions do not matter. Go on Facebook and you’ll read people who are basically shouting to be heard and nobody seems to listen to anybody. Here on WordPress I feel that the people who follow and read my posts actually care what I have to say. It’s nice, which leads me to my next pro…
- The book blogging community rocks! Seriously, everyone I’ve messaged or who’s blogs I’ve commented on has been super supportive. We’re all just people who love to read and appreciate when someone recommends a good book.
- I’m reading more good literature. I’m not saying that I was necessarily reading bad literature before, but I’m definitely making more informed decisions about my reading now that I’m blogging. Honestly, I’ve found some of my favorite books thanks to fellow book bloggers!
- I think my time management is improving! I know that’s hard to believe, considering I’m posting two Friday posts on a Saturday, but I really feel this is the case.
- I’m currently being crushed by my TBR pile. There seems to be no help coming, which is fine because I would refuse the help anyway. I’m just going to keep adding books. Just keep adding books…
- I don’t have any shelf space left… Just thought you should know. There are books piled on my kitchen table because we don’t own enough shelves.
Okay, so I’ve only been blogging for about 2 months. I haven’t had time to encounter a lot of cons as I’m still in that blogger honeymoon period (that’s a thing, right?).
Anything you want to warn me about? What do you think of my list?